Professional Development Requirements to Care for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Children
The Illinois Department of Human Services has issued revised guidance to the new CCAP training requirements on April 6, 2017. This guidance changes the two prior announcements that were made on February 1, 2017 for Child Care Center providers and on March 24, 2017 for Licensed and License Exempt Child Care Home Providers.
View the official Illinois Department of Human Services announcement (announcement in Spanish) that details the training requirements (including ECE Credential Level 1, CPR/First Aid, Mandated Reporter and What is CCAP?) and the deadlines that trainings must be completed.
IDHS released a new announcement that is being mailed to providers on July 28, 2017 with information for School-Age only providers. You can also download the announcement included in that mailing in English or Spanish.
IDHS released an insert into the May and June CCAP Certificates that provides additional information on where to mail documentation.
Gateways Provider Completion of IDHS CCAP Training Requirements Report
The Gateways Registry now offers a customized report to show an individuals progress toward meeting these training requirements. View a tip sheet (tip sheet in Spanish) to help you access and print the Gateways Provider Completion of IDHS CCAP Training Requirements Report.
Each of the following Credentials meet the ECE Credential Level 1 Training Requirement:
- ECE Credential Levels 3-6
- Infant Toddler Credential (ITC) Levels 3-5
- Illinois Director Credential (IDC) Credential Levels I-III
- Family Child Care Credential Levels 2-5
If you have an ECE Credential Level 2 or an ITC Credential Level 2 you need to take Tier 2 Trainings only of the ECE Credential Level 1 Training or you must apply for a Credential Level Advancement to the ECE or ITC Credential Level 3 or higher.
Child Care Center Directors
Use this worksheet that has been created to give Directors a tool to assess what training staff has already completed and what training is still needed.
How to enter CPR/First Aid Certification
- Download this notice for step by step instructions on how to enter CPR/First Aid certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification should be reported to the Registry. You can report these certifications in the UPDATE section of your MY REGISTRY portal.
- You can report these certifications by going to MY REGISTRY > UPDATE and click the "Credentials and Certifications" tab. Select "CPR" from the drop-down, click "Add", and enter the required information. Then, select "First Aid" from the drop-down, click "Add", and enter the required information. Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. For more detail about How to enter CPR/First Aid visit our helpdesk.
Helpful Resources and Links
- Gateways Registry – become a Gateways Registry Member online
- i-learning – to access online training
- Gateways Training Calendar - to search for local in person training
- Find your local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency (CCR&R)
- DHS Frequently Asked Questions Health, Safety & Child Development Training