Professional Development Requirements to Care for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Children
The Illinois Department of Human Services has issued revised guidance to the new CCAP training requirements on April 6, 2017. This guidance changes the two prior announcements that were made on February 1, 2017 for Child Care Center providers and on March 24, 2017 for Licensed and License Exempt Child Care Home Providers.
View the official Illinois Department of Human Services announcement (announcement in Spanish) that details the training requirements (including ECE Credential Level 1, CPR/First Aid, Mandated Reporter and What is CCAP?) and the deadlines that trainings must be completed.
Each of the following Credentials meet the ECE Credential Level 1 Training Requirement:
- ECE Credential Levels 3-6
- Infant Toddler Credential (ITC) Levels 3-5
- Illinois Director Credential (IDC) Credential Levels I-III
- Family Child Care Credential Levels 2-5
If you have an ECE Credential Level 2 or an ITC Credential Level 2 you need to take Tier 2 Trainings only of the ECE Credential Level 1 Training or you must apply for a Credential Level Advancement to the ECE or ITC Credential Level 3 or higher.
Helpful Resources and Links
- Gateways Registry – become a Gateways Registry Member online
- i-learning – to access online training
- Gateways Training Calendar - to search for local in person training
- Find your local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency (CCR&R)
Child Care Center Directors use this worksheet that has been created to give Directors a tool to assess what training staff has already completed and what training is still needed.