If you are applying for a Gateways Scholarship for the first time you need to:
- Be a Gateways Registry member. If you are not already a member, register here.
- Read the Gateways Scholarship Program FAQ.
- Complete the Gateways Scholarship Supplement Application.
- Collect all your required documentation using the checklist provided in the application.
- Mail everything to:
INCCRRA/ApplicationsIt is best to send your application and documentation at least 4-6 weeks before classes begin. Applications are processed on a first come-first served basis and dependent upon availability of funds.
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington IL, 61701
After your application is reviewed, you will be notified of your eligibility by email.
- Contact your Gateways Scholarship Counselor to let them know which courses you plan to take. You can email the Participant Class Schedule Form or call (866) 697-8278.
Note: if this is your first time participating in the Gateways Scholarship Program, we are only able to authorize up to 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours in your first term.
- Register for courses.
Remember, you must continue to meet all Gateways Scholarship Program requirements to have a scholarship renewed - including submitting grades at the end of each term and paying your portion of tuition and fees.
Due to significant participation in the Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program, funding for the Gateways Scholarship Program has been expended through June 30, 2017.
INCCRRA will continue to receive and process all Gateways Scholarship program applications for the remainder of the Spring term, however continued authorization of coursework is not definite. Should additional funding become available prior to June 30, 2017, applicants will be notified immediately. If your employment status or personal information such as address, phone number, or email address changes, please contact your Counselor immediately, so that we may update your information and keep you informed.
You may apply for other financial aid opportunities through your local community college or university. Additional information concerning financial aid can be obtained at http://www.collegezone.com.