The Illinois ECE Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
View the Web Series short videos in a complete Playlist on You Tube or you can choose which video topic you would like to watch below.
- Introduction to the ECE Competency Mini-Webinar Series
- Where Did the ECE Competencies Come From?
- Why Competencies?
- Overview of the ECE Competencies
- Stackable, Leveled Credentials
- Competencies, Core Courses and Credentials
- Mapping Curriculum to Competencies
- Assessing Performance with Competencies
- Tour of the ECE Assessment Toolbox
Toolbox organization is based on the 7 Gateways Content Areas:
- CUR: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- O&A: Observation and Assessment
- PRO: Personal and Professional Development
Assessments are included within each content area. The Assessments provided correspond to credential Levels (Level 2, 3, 4, and 5). Faculty select Assessments based on alignment between targeted competency and the highest leveled Assessment target.
Titles for each Assessment include Level, and, in HGD, HSW, and PRO, the name of the assignment, as there are two choices for each level.
Curriculum or Program Design
Family Community Relationships
Human Growth & Development
Health Safety & Well-Being
Interactions, Relationships & Environments
Observation and Assessment
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included within the 7 Gateways Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level 2 = Yellow
- Level 3 = Green
- Level 4 = Orange
- Level 5 = Blue
- ECE Competency Table with Benchmark Citations PDF DOC
- Curriculum Master RubricPDFDOC
- Family Community Relationships Master RubricPDFDOC
- Human Growth & Development Master RubricPDFDOC
- Health Safety & Well-Being Master RubricPDFDOC
- Interactions, Relationships & Environment Master RubricPDFDOC
- Observation and Assessment Master RubricPDFDOC
- Professionalism Master RubricPDFDOC